I thought it would be helpful for readers to create a resource page that highlights some of the services I use and recommend. I wanted to make a resource page that you could come to for all of your money saving, money making, and investing needs. I plan to update this page as I learn more about which services are the best for me.
If you see any recommendations that you have upgrades on – PLEASE let me know!
Some of the companies or services I recommend here offer commissions for online referrals. Other ones do not offer anything. This does not affect my recommendation, but where available, I make the point to use the commission link so that MoneyAhoy will get a credit if you end up signing on as a customer. It is a great and and fully optional way to help out this blog if you are interested.
- CapitalOne.com – I use CapitalOne for all of my online banking. I’ve been with them for over 8 years and they’ve never let me down. I highly recommend them!
- Local Credit Union – What are you waiting for? If your money is in one of those too big to fail banks, get it to a local credit union now please!
- Even Financial – They help you comparison shop a personal loan to refinance debt at a lower rate, and they even get you pre-approved for a loan without hurting your credit score.
Blogging and Website Hosting
- WordPress.org – The #1 blog publishing software. This is the golden standard used around the world and what this site is built on. If you’re interested in starting you own blog, read more about how to get started here: How to Setup a Blog for Fun or Profit.
- Bluehost – Easy to use and inexpensive website hosting. They have 1-click WordPress.org installation and excellent customer service. I highly recommend using Bluehost for your first site.
- MarketSamurai – A great keyword analysis tool to help you develop targeted web niche content. You can get basic functionality for free!
- Google Adsense – Make money on your website or blog by hosting relevant ads supplied by Google.
- Google Analytics – Google’s free website tracking and analytic tool. This is a must have for every website owner!
- GoDaddy.com – I use this as the easiest way to check for website availability. Then I register it through Bluehost or 1&1.com.
- Progressive.com – This who we currently use for our car insurance. They have been great to work with so far. Check out the details in a post I wrote detailing my quest to save on car and home insurance.
- Geico.com – I had my car insurance with this company for ~2 hours! They were great to work with and very friendly when I decided to cancel and more to Progressive since they happened to be the better deal for me. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.
Computer and Electronic Gadgets, Cables, etc.
- Newegg.com – This is a great retailer for all things computer and electronic. They have a great return policy, excellent customer reviews, and detailed product specs. Sometimes Amazon can give you a better deal, but I always try Newegg first.
- Monoprice.com – They have the best electronic cables, speaker wire, etc. for the lowest price. Shipping is usually more than the cable, so try to make your purchases in bundles to save more!
- Sonos– This is an awesome wireless stereo system that you can use to stream music services through like Spotify or Pandora. It’s on the expensive side, but I really like the products anyway.
- Costco.com – Even though there is an annual membership, you will save yourself hundreds of dollars by buying your food in bulk if you do it smartly. I highly recommend using Costco if you have one in your area.
- Progressive.com – Our home insurance is also through Progressive (a Home Site reseller). They have great rates and have been easy to work with. Again, you can review the details in a post I wrote detailing my quest to save on car and home insurance.
- ThinkOrSwim.com – I use thinkorswim for all of my investing needs. They were bought out by TDAmeritrade in 2012. They have the best charting software in the business (Prophet Charts) by far! And, trades are only $5.
Legal Stuff – LLC, Inc, Wills, etc.
- LegalZoom.com – I’ve used them to setup my LLC and it couldn’t have been simpler. I recommend you check them out if you are in need of any type of legal services. If you’re interested in starting your own LLC or corporation, see my post on How to Start and Setup an LLC On-line in Less than 6 Minutes!
- CyberLink PowerDirector 11 – This software is what I use to make all of my Youtube videos. It is basically the best out there for movie creation. It’s a little tricky to use at first, but there are plenty of Youtube videos out there to help you out.
- AVG Free – The best free antivirus software out there. The link here is a direct download of the free program. This will bypass their website with all of their other pay products. I use this with all of my computers (past and present) and it has always done a terrific job.
- Skype – I’m sure you’ve probably heard of this one, but just in case. It is great software for saving money on phone calls through VOIP. In my opinion, this is much better than Facetime if you’re into that.
- Priceline.com – I love this website. We use it all the time to try and get the best deals on hotels when we have a little time to try and get the lowest price.
- Hotels.com – Another very useful site to book hotels if Priceline doesn’t come through. It also has great reviews to look through if you’re thinking or trying a place you don’t know anything about.
- The Art of the Start – A great book written by Guy Kawasaki about how to start and run your own company to change the world.
Everything Else – Amazon
- Amazon.com – Need I even mention this one? We get all kinds of stuff from Amazon much cheaper than you could ever find it in a retail store. I recommend you research here for ANY type of medium or large purchase first.