I cannot believe I am able to say this, but my new book: Stock Market Investing for Newbies is finally finished!!! I found out first-hand that writing a book is a long and grueling process, but I’m glad I stuck with it all the way to the end.
Why Did I Write Stock Market Investing for Newbies?
I decided to write an investing book for newbies for five main reasons:
- Too Complicated – Many of the stock market investing books I surveyed were 300 – 400 pages. That’s a bit of a daunting read for anyone interested in getting started with stock market investing.
- Too Basic – Several Ebooks available were also way too short. 25 pages for $1.99? Are you kidding me?
- Poor Explanations – I’m not the most experienced stock market investor, but I think I have a good ability to explain complex topics in simple language. This seems to be lacking in many stock market investing books.
- Poor Accessibility – Plenty of books have great information, but they jump around too much. I tried to write Stock Market Investing for Newbies using a very organized approach. This should also aid learning as there is minimal jumping around.
- Prevent Stunted Growth – I wrote this book to prevent others like me from repeating my investing mistakes. From not investing early enough to day trading, I’ve made a ton of bad investing decisions. I think this book will help many get started on the best investing path to build their wealth and side-step many common investing pitfalls.
Stock Market Investing for Newbies – Fun Facts
Here are a couple of fun facts about my Stock Market Investing for Newbies book:
- 200 hours of work over 5.5 total months – I started the book in mid-January and have just now finished it in early July.
- 160 pages – The size of the page layout is 9″ x 6″. I am pretty impressed that it ended up being this long. I think the length is perfect for a newbie stock market investing guide – not too short or too long.
- 34,373 words – This is the equivalent of about 70 blog posts! Wow!!
- 847 KB – This seems to be a pretty standard size as far as financial Ebooks go…
- 48 figures – Tons of charts, graphs, and tables for your learning pleasure!
- 85 glossary terms – The glossary took a very long time to compile, but it should be useful for newbies investors.
Stock Market Investing for Newbies – Sneak Peak
I feel that Stock Market Investing for Newbies is very a thorough book for the stock market investing newbie. It covers many important topics that other investing books leave out. I feel that I’m able to keep the material light and easy to understand so that the reader doesn’t get bogged down. You can see from the table of contents below that I cover quite a bit with this book:
WHY INVEST IN THE FIRST PLACE?
- 1.1 – Inflation
- 1.2 – Compound Interest
- 1.3 – Typical Stock Market Investing Results
- 1.4 – More Options Equals More Flexibility
- 1.5 – Times Are Changing
WHO SHOULD INVEST?
- 2.1 – The Younger the Better
- 2.2 – 401(k)
- 2.3 – IRAs (Traditional and Roth)
- 2.4 – Everyone!
WHAT ARE STOCKS, BONDS, AND THE MARKETS?
- 3.1 – Stock Basics
- 3.2 – Mutual Funds and ETFs
- 3.3 – Bond Basics
- 3.4 – Brief History of the Stock Market
- 3.5 – How Today’s Stock Markets Work
- 3.6 – Types of Stock Market Orders
HOW SHOULD I GET STARTED?
- 4.1 – Go It Alone or Use A Financial Planner?
- 4.2 – Investment Priority
- 4.3 – Take the First Step
- 4.4 – Picking an Online Brokerage Firm
- 4.5 – Setting Up an Account
WHERE SHOULD I PUT MY MONEY?
- 5.1 – Stock Pricing
- 5.2 – Stock Picking
- 5.3 – Diversification Basics
- 5.4 – Market Index Funds
- 5.5 – Asset Allocation Basics
- 5.6 – Asset Allocation Examples
WHEN SHOULD I BE INVESTING?
- 6.1 – Investing vs. Trading
- 6.2 – Timing the Market – Bull and Bear Markets
- 6.3 – Timing the Market – Fundamental Analysis
- 6.4 – Timing the Market – Technical Analysis
- 6.5 – Timing the Market – Rebalancing
- 7.1 – Stock Market Investing and Taxes
- 7.2 – Further Reading
- 7.3 – Bon Voyage!
Stock Market Investing for Newbies – Buy It Now!
What are you waiting for? Head over to amazon and pick up your copy of Stock Market Investing for Newbies now!! The entire first chapter is available for free on the product listing page 🙂
It is available as an Ebook for
$4.99 $2.99 or as a paperback for $7.99. If you act soon, you can even save a bit of money as the paperback is currently selling for only $7.19!