Have you ever paid a mechanic or dealership to change your headlights? With how easy it is to change your headlights in modern cars, there’s no reason why you cannot do this yourself and save a bunch of money! It is very easy and will only take a couple of minutes. Jump on the DIY bandwagon and learn this great skill. Read on to find out how to change your headlights!
How Long Does it Take?
I know, I know – you’re probably thinking that you don’t have time to change your own headlights. You are a busy person and time is money, right? Well, the entire process takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish!
Yeah, But It’s Hard, Right?
Changing your own headlight really couldn’t be much simpler. You just unplug the old one and plug in the new one and you’re ready to go. OK – it is a bit more involved than that, but just barely. Here are the steps for how to change your headlights:
- Buy the proper headlight from the store or Amazon. For most cars, the normal lights are the 9006 version and the brights are actually the 9005 version.
- Pop the hood of your car.
- Twist out the burned out headlight.
- Unplug the burned out headlight.
- Plug in the new headlight. Be careful not to touch the bulb with your finger. Oils from your finger can over-heat the bulb and cause it to have a reduced life.
- Twist in the new headlight.
- close the hood of your car.
Still Sound Too Complicated?
If that still sounds too complicated for you, then watch this simple YouTube video I created on how to change your headlights:
How to Change Your Headlights – Final Thoughts
If you learn how to change your own headlights, you can save yourself several hundred dollars over a lifetime. It’s a simlpe thing you can quickly learn to impress your family and friends. Now you have no excuses!